EDELMAN LEATHER/KDR SHOWROOMS (August 23rd 4:30-5:30 Happy Hour/CEU)
“Leather for Interiors”
Leather for Interiors – How leather is made, how it is used in designing interiors, effects regarding the environment, and the freedom of color, texture and style that it offers designers.
- How leather is made.
- How leather is used.
- How to specify leather- size & yield
- What makes leather “green”.
- Cost & Value of good leather.
DALTILE (August 24th 12:00-1:00 Lunch/CEU)
“Insight in Quartz Surfacing”
Provides education on quartz surfacing material from the material makeup, performance capabilities, sustainability to possibilities for both commercial and residential design.
INPRO (August 25th 7:30-8:30 Breakfast/CEU)
“The Future of Green is Clear”
Taking a cue from Europe, America is turning an analytical eye to the life cycle impacts of products through Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs). Concerns over chemicals used in the millions of products going into buildings are driving the creation of Health Product Declarations (HPDs) in order to inventory substances and potential impacts on human health.
- Explore the history and background of the EPA’s Toxic Substance Control Act (TCSA), Red Lists and the rise of the Transparency Movement.
- Be able to define the Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) creation process, and identify the EPD’s key measurements.
- Be able to define the Health Product Declaration (HPD) creation process, identify the HPD’s key measurements, and contrast the HPD to the EPD.
- Master how these declarations are a key component of the Material & Resource credit structure in the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED v4 rating system.